Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Etsygreetings



This is a teaser from a part of a watercolor painting I am working on.

Anyway, my main reason for posting is that I am now a part of the Etsy Greetings team. Have a look at the team's blog here. I am excited to be part of this on-line community.

I thought it would be a good idea to be part of the greetings team since I am presently mostly selling greeting cards (and other small items) in my Etsy shop. I will probably branch out at some point to sell prints, smaller originals and small pottery items too (as my time permits) in this little on-line shop.

Of course, this means that I probably won't be selling my larger more ambitious works on-line (I do prefer to show the larger work in a gallery space with flattering lights where clients can see the work and workmanship with their own eyes; i.e. not via photos, scanning and a monitor).

One of the brick and mortar shops I am in (Valley Artisans of Cambridge, NY) has two other Etsy artists, Pulpart and Katrina Marie Designs. Pulpart is also part of the Etsy Greetings team. Katrina Marie has made costumes for the Renaissance faire community. So, I have quite a bit in common with these two artists.

Martha (of Pulpart) makes hand made paper, handmade paper cards, paper sculptures and tags. What you won’t see in her Etsy shop is her whimsical “leaf people”, a collage of leaves on paper depicting figures in various poses. Martha also makes jewelry, journals and paper mache figures.

The person who really encouraged me to sell on-line through Etsy is Marina Petro. Her Etsy site is here.

I have known Marina for over 20 years.

Music MYSPACE (hear clips)
My Etsy on-line store for purchasing some of my CDs and some of my art
My band site: Saratoga Faire
My Renaissance band MYSPACE: The Spirites Consort (hear clips)
Purchasing our Saratoga Faire CD on CD Baby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lise!
    I've had fun exploring your friends' shops. Wishing you much success on etsy!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete