Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Holiday Art Shows


It’s been all business since last time I blogged with no time for practice or painting.

I have been working from 7:30 in the morning until midnight preparing for my holiday art shop at Lower Adirondack Regional Art Center (Glens Falls, NY). This is a photo of the set-up. The opening is this Friday eve (I think the hours are 6 – 8).

I also prepared a much more truncated version for Valley Artisans Market (Cambridge, NY).

I don’t know how I managed 6 – 10 holiday art shows in past years as the 2 have totally exhausted me (and for this reason, I am keeping it to just the 2 this year).

One of the reasons why it took so much time out of me is that at the last moment I discovered that I had sold a lot of inventory & needed to make more. This meant days & days of printing out small prints and cards. Then there was the pricing, writing inventory lists and the shop set-up all in the midst of some major house catastrophes. This is the third year in a row where house issues put a serious wrench in holiday art show preparation. And I hope it is the last!

On another note, I was featured (along with one of my designs) briefly in a blog by Michelle of "Nature Manipulated". It is in her Saturday, November 7, 2009 blog (if you can no longer scroll to it, you can still look up the date). Her blog is located here.


Music MYSPACE (hear clips)
My Etsy on-line store for purchasing some of my CDs and some of my art
My band site: Saratoga Faire
My Renaissance band MYSPACE: The Spirites Consort (hear clips)
Purchasing our Saratoga Faire CD on CD Baby

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it annoying when house or other mundane issues interfere with creating!

    ReplyDelete