Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bunny Inside Egg, new Easter design

"Bunny Inside Egg"
new Easter card design
© 2012

Sometimes after I draw things, they take on a new meaning, become alive in my mind, sometimes entering my consciousness for days afterward. After I drew the "Bunny and Moon" tag design (viewable HERE on my blog), I've been waking up in the middle of the night for months dreaming about a bunny coming out behind the brush to look at the moon and wondering what it is!

Am I the only one who goes through this?

I don't know what to say about this beyond what I've said except I am reminded that there are other living beings sharing the same planet, looking at the same moon. It's not a wholly human world we live in and I am grateful for that. Bunnies are particularly innocent creatures, wonderfully soft and picked on by carnivores. In this phase of my art career, I have become entranced by them, so the newest bunny above is not just about Easter; it was an excuse to create another rabbit.

The card design is available year-round in my Artfire shop and seasonally through my Etsy shop

links:

No comments:

Post a Comment