Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Large Ceramic Angel Pendant

Large Ceramic Angel Pendant
reversible
wheel thrown stoneware, fired at cone 10
(available for sale HERE)

This is how it looks on its side:

This is the angel on the other side:



These pieces are part of a series. This is the third in the series.

I started these pieces as a way to use clay that I trim off when I am throwing pots (the pots also have these kinds of angels in them). Since I like a packed kiln, I wanted miniature pieces to fit around the pottery. These worked nicely for that! They save fuel, they save clay, they offer an unusual product (I hope!) and maybe they even bless the kiln and its contents (?).

I hope you've enjoyed my latest offering.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful angel! And eco-friendly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tina! That means a lot coming from a jewellry artist.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete