Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Windswept Doves and Hearts


This painting is a miniature 3" x 4.85" watercolor and ink. It belongs to a series of pieces I have been making which feature doves including Angel Patrice of Peace, Menorrah and Doves, Pull Me to the Sky, Portal and others. It is available in my ETSY SHOP.

This is a much more comfortable size for me to paint than the aceo (2.5" x 3.5"), but I haven't given up on the aceo. I hope to tackle another one soon!

I recently learned about the OSWOA size (4" x 6"). But the OSWOA must be an original work of art, unlike the aceo. So, I painted another tree with knotted roots and that is also up in my etsy store if you want to take a look. I like the one I posted here a bit more than that one (personal preference). I would have made this painting conform to the OSWOA, but I wanted to leave a white border for framing (I was stuck with the 4" x 6" paper size).

It has been an unusually hot summer here in the north country with a lot of time weeding in the garden (I grow a lot of my own food to insure that it does not have pesticides). There is no air conditioning where I do my art and music, so I am taking a respite from big ambitious projects and painting miniatures and teeshirts and practicing only the music that I know well for awhile.

The teeshirts aren't available on-line, but if you are in the area, I have them up for sale at Valley Artisans Market in Cambridge, NY. There are also other artists who have teeshirts available at the same shop.

Music MYSPACE (hear clips)
My Etsy on-line store for purchasing some of my CDs and some of my art
My band site: Saratoga Faire
My Renaissance band MYSPACE: The Spirites Consort (hear clips)

No comments:

Post a Comment