Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Some of my last art pieces for 2019, doves, lace and butterflies

"Three Doves Flying Above the Lace"
original painting, © 2019

I always think about doves, especially this time of year. Plus I seem to be going in a direction of painting white lace-like plants. 

I like the purity of it all.

I usually "just paint" what inspires me at the moment. And then look up the symbolism afterward.

I often paint night skies, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'll figure that out when I stop, and start painting blue skies with a few clouds here and there. 

The symbolism for this piece is as follows:

* dove: messenger for a cause, sacrifice, peace, the spirit
* white lace: beginnings, purity, innocence, also beautifying and preparing for something uplifting in your life.
* stars: inspiration, intuition, dreams

Then I painted this one too (as I can't get butterflies off the brain):


"Two Butterflies Above the Lace"
original painting © 2019

The symbolism for this one is as follows:

symbolism:
(note on the butterflies: they are white and orange in this piece, so both may apply):
* white butterflies: souls of the deceased, guidance, transformation, powerful change, finding ones own free spirit, taking a leap of faith
* orange butterflies: a new dawn of healing, end of depression, courtesy and friendliness, staying positive, end of hard times, profound changes from the vantage point of going from the negative to the positive
* white lace bouquet: purity, innocence, ever-changing beginnings and endings, the feminine, beautifying, virginal
* stars: inspiration, intuition, dreams
* night sky: mysteries, unconscious

After I was finished and looked it all up, it does apply to my life. Some really amazing things have been happening in my life (dreams that have come true, surreal events, things coming together, etc - even my husband is surprised, and he's been through everything, it seems ... it has also been wonderful to take this journey with him and watch his reactions - you have to have a partner to dance with). 2019 seemed like the year of "the new dawn" and "new beginnings". 

I'll continue to post when I can. Sometimes living ones life is more all-consuming than reporting on it. I have truly been blessed in a lot of ways.

My portfolio has grown (not in leaps and bounds because a lot of other things have taken precedence), but it is available for viewing HERE - the best way to see what is up to date in terms of my art. At some point I'll put up an Instagram (when I have the time! Ha!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment