Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's All in the Partner!

"Love Birds Dancing" greeting card
with "It's all in the partner!" written underneath
© 2011

This is part of the exotic bird series I have been working on. Exotic birds were the first thing I thought of when I was looking around for subject matter last week for an anniversary (or wedding) card. I just can't get enough of exotic birds. I enjoy them most of all. This is certainly a very different approach from my tight, detailed Celtic style art or hand-thrown pottery (which I enjoy making too, but it isn't as though I can leap into this kind of art-making without lots of planning and preliminaries).

The original art piece is india ink and colored pencil. It is approximately 13.25" x 18" on 14" x 19" bristol. I am selling the greeting card right away through my Artfire on-line shop through this link and it will be out in that format in some brick and mortar stores in my area soon. I may add prints of this design at some point too.

If you absolutely love the original, you can e-mail me at sales(at t)LiseWinne.com. 

I haven't decided on what to do with any of the originals. Pile them up and then have a gallery exhibit somewhere eventually?



MY MUSIC LINKS (hear clips):

MY MUSIC IN ON-LINE STORES:

oh yes, and here's a detail of the 2 birds:

4 comments:

  1. This is another beautiful illustration Lise, you are very blessed!

    I hear what you are saying about originals ... right now I place all mine in acid free portfolios ... they are probably the only things of any value I have to leave to my children and grandchildren.

    Hmmm, I guess I should check and see if they really want them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, IrelandBrady.

    It is work to get the orginals out of the portfolio and get them all framed up! Right now I'm still piling them up (and have an excuse not to think about framing-- and I love those excuses too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunningly beautiful card! And yes, the partner is everything!

    ReplyDelete