Thursday, August 11, 2016

illustration about C-PTSD gets into Whitney book

 
This is Your Brain on C-PTSD
cartoon
art image is © Lise Winne, 2015
(will be for sale soon, come back if interested)

This cartoon drawing of mine is part of a Whitney Museum of Art book that was part of and coincided with a performance/exhibition headed by Jill Kroesen called "Collecting Injustices, Unnecessary Suffering", and part of a larger exhibition at the museum called "Human Interest".

Here are some snapshots of the inside of the book (my name appears right before the lecturers):


This is part of Jill Kroesen's speech, who set the mood for the performance and exhibit:


By the way, this is a typical feeling when going through PTSD and C-PTSD: the need to nurse injuries, and dealing with flashbacks. 

PTSD and C-PTSD never go away entirely, but the symptoms diminish over time, especially if traumatic experiences diminish.

As you can imagine, I am honored to have been part of this.

I am also thankful that the Whitney Museum of Art is one of the first museums to recognize child abuse and domestic abuse (and the outcome of PTSD) as worthy of covering in its exhibits, performances and lectures.  

This is not the usual kind of art that I am known for on this particular blog. But it is my other half, the half of me that has something to say besides pretty pictures like fairies, unicorns and flower bouquets. It is art that is taking up more and more of my time, though for the sake of consistency, I won't talk about it much on this particular blog. I like to keep my two styles separate, but this bit of news was too sweet not to announce here. If other events pop up that are newsworthy, I'll post here too about it. 

More about it all later ...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being in Whitney Museum of Art Book, helps humans to be aware of C-PTSD

    ReplyDelete