Tuesday, October 13, 2009

4 Unicorns: Unicorn II in Dayglow, Unicorn V in Red, Unicorn III at Dusk, Unicorn VI at Midnight


Note: the copyright watermarks do not appear in the actual art (needed for on-line display only).

These are 4 new unicorns I made from graphically altering relief sculptures. The relief was done on wall-hanging platter shapes. The platters are visible on my website here. You can see that I did quite a bit of altering. The pottery pieces were shown at Lower Adirondack Regional Arts Center for a 5-person invitational juried exhibit called Once Again in March of this year and I also sold the greeting cards in the art center shop concurrent to the exhibit. Later, I brought them to more shops.

I like the monochromatic effect I get with these alterations, something one sees at night, at dusk and at dawn, which is why some are titled that. It’s something I never tried before, but I like the effect and it gives another life to my ceramic creations.

Right now I have them for sale in my Etsy shop as greeting cards, but I may do more to make them into prints (& possibly other alterations down the road).

Right now they are printed on linen card stock from a giclee printer with archival inks (rated to last 100 years). They are also signed, so they are a little more special than my mass produced cards which use soy based inks and have barcodes. Sometimes I test new designs out in this way, printing a small number.

Music MYSPACE (hear clips)
My Etsy on-line store for purchasing some of my CDs and some of my art
My band site: Saratoga Faire
My Renaissance band MYSPACE: The Spirites Consort (hear clips)
Purchasing our Saratoga Faire CD on CD Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment